Unipolar 2-Phase Stepping Motor Driver ICs
Features and Benefits
▪ Power supply voltage, VBB, 46 V maximum; 10 to 44 V
normal operating range
▪ Logic supply voltage, VDD, 3 to 5.5 V
▪ Four output currents, IO(max) , options: 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 A
▪ Stepping control for phase input (full or half step)
▪ Built-in sense resistor detects motor current
▪ Compact ZIP 23-pin molded package (SLA package)
▪ Self-excitation PWM control with fixed off-time
▪ Built-in synchronous rectifying circuit reduces losses at
▪ Synchronous PWM function prevents noise generation in
motor Hold mode
▪ Sleep function reduces power consumption of drivers in
▪ Protection circuit detects motor coil open/short and
prevents overheating due to avalanche breakdown
▪ Externally-adjustable (3.2 μs /5.2 μs) blanking time
Package: 23-pin ZIP (type SLA)
This document describes the function and features of SLA7080M
series, which are unipolar 2-phase stepping motor driver ICs.
Four levels of output current are available from the incorporated
MOSFETs, corresponding to the rated output current ratings.
All current ratings are available with protection against motor
coil shorts or motor open wire detection.
The SLA7080M series has a multichip structure, for enhanced
thermal dispersion.The Control IC (MIC), four power elements
(MOSFET), and dual sense resistors, are all separate ICs.
Built-in sense resistors for each phase allow accurate track-
ing of performance without additional external components.
Low-power sleep mode as well as reduced power during PWM
off-time maximize energy savings.
Not to scale
Functional Block Diagram