430 S. Rockford Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: (480) 303-0822
Fax: (480) 303-0824
ARINC 429 Transceiver
• Two Receivers and One Transmitter
• Harris/Holt/Raytheon Pin for Pin Replacement
• Wraparound Self-Test mode
• Word length of 25 or 32 bits
• Parity Status and generation of Receive and Transmit Words
• 8 Word Transmitter buffer
• Low Power CMOS processing
• Supports multiple ARINC data busses: 429, 571, 575, 706.
The DEI 1016 provides an interface between a standard avionics type serial digital data bus and a 16-bit-wide
digital data bus. The interface circuit consists of a single channel transmitter with an 8X32 bit buffer, two inde-
pendent receive channels, and a host programmable control register to select operating options. The two re-
ceiver channels operate identically, each providing a direct electrical interface to an ARINC data bus.
The transmitter circuit contains an 8 word by 32 bit buffer memory and control logic which allows the host to
write a block of data into the transmitter. The block of data is transmitted automatically by enabling the trans-
mitter with no further attention by the host computer. Data is transmitted in TTL format on the D0(A)/D0(B) out-
put pins. The signal format is compatible with DEI’s extensive line of ARINC 429 Line drivers for easy connec-
tion to the ARINC data bus.
© Device Engineering Inc.
/OE1 or /OE2
/LD1 or /LD2
8 Words X 32 Bits
Figure 1: DEI1016 Block Diagram
Page 1 of 13
DEI1016 Rev. C
July 20, 2000