3A Voltage Mode Synchronous Buck PWM
DC-DC Converter with Integrated Inductor
External Feedback Output Voltage Programming
The EN5336QI is a Power System on Silicon DC-
DC converter. It is specifically designed to meet
the precise voltage and fast transient
requirements of present and future high-
performance, low-power processor, DSP, FPGA,
memory boards and system level applications in
a distributed power architecture. Advanced circuit
techniques, ultra high switching frequency, and
very advanced, high-density, integrated circuit
and proprietary inductor technology deliver high-
quality, ultra compact, non-isolated DC-DC
conversion. Operating this converter requires
only small value input and output ceramic
capacitors, a soft-start capacitor and a resistor
divider for voltage feedback to set the output
voltage to the desired value.
• Integrated INDUCTOR, MOSFETS, Controller
• Footprint 1/3rd that of competing solutions.
• Minimum external components.
• Up to 10W continuous output power.
• 5MHz operating frequency.
• High efficiency, up to 93%.
• VOUT accuracy 3% over line, load and temp.
• Wide input voltage range of 2.375V to 5.5V.
• External resistor divider for voltage feedback
and output voltage selection.
• Output enable pin and Power OK signal.
• Programmable soft-start time.
• Programmable over-current protection.
• Thermal shutdown, short circuit, and UVLO
• RoHS compliant, MSL level 3, 260C reflow.
The Enpirion solution significantly helps in
system design and productivity by offering greatly
simplified board design, layout and
manufacturing requirements. In addition, a
reduction in the number of vendors required for
the complete power solution helps to enable an
overall system cost savings.
All Enpirion products are RoHS compliant and
lead-free manufacturing environment compatible.
Typical Application Circuit
• Point of load regulation for low-power
processors, network processors, DSPs,
FPGAs, and ASICs
• Notebook computers, servers, workstations
• Broadband, networking, LAN/WAN, optical
• Low voltage, distributed power architectures
with 2.5V, 3.3V or 5V rails
• DSL, STB, DVR, DTV, iPC
• Ripple sensitive applications
Figure 1. Simple Layout.
-40 to +85
44-pin QFN T&R
QFN Evaluation Board