SMCJ5V0(C)A - SMCJ170(C)A
1500 Watt Transient Voltage Suppressors
• Glass-Passivated Junction
• 1500 W Peak Pulse Power Capability
on 10/1000 μs Waveform.
• Excellent Clamping Capability
• Low-Incremental Surge Resistance
• Fast Response Time: Typically Less than 1.0 ps from 0 V
to BV Minimum for Unidirectional and 5.0 ns for Bidirectional
• Typical IR Less than 1.0 μA Above 10 V
• UL Certificate #E258596
• UL94V-0 Flammability Classification
Band denotes cathode on unidirectional devices only.
No band on bi-directional devices. Bi-directional types
have CA suffix where electrical characteristics apply in
both directions suitable for bi-directional applications.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
Stresses exceeding the absolute maximum ratings may damage the device. The device may not function or be opera-
ble above the recommended operating conditions and stressing the parts to these levels is not recommended. In addi-
tion, extended exposure to stresses above the recommended operating conditions may affect device reliability. The
absolute maximum ratings are stress ratings only. Values are at TA = 25°C unless otherwise noted.
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation on 10/1000 μs Waveform
Peak Pulse Current on 10/1000 μs Waveform
Non-Repetitive Peak Forward Surge Current
Superimposed on Rated Load (JEDEC Method)(1)
Storage Temperature Range
Operating Junction Temperature
-55 to 150
1. Measured on 8.3 ms single half-sine wave or equivalent square wave: duty cycle = 4 pulses per minute maximum.
© 2002 Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation
SMCJ5V0(C)A - SMCJ170(C)A Rev. 5.7