Document Number: MPC17533
Rev. 3.0, 7/2006
0.7 A 6.8 V Dual H-Bridge Motor
The 17533 is a monolithic dual H-Bridge power IC ideal for portable
electronic applications containing bipolar stepper motors and/or brush
DC-motors (e.g., cameras and disk drive head positioners).
The 17533 operates from 2.0 V to 6.8 V, with independent control of
each H-Bridge via parallel MCU interface (3.0 V- and 5.0 V-compatible
logic). The device features built-in shoot-through current protection
and an undervoltage shutdown function.
The 17533 has four operating modes: Forward, Reverse, Brake,
and Tri-Stated (High Impedance). The 17533 has a low total RDS(ON)
of 1.2 Ω (max @ 25°C).
The 17533’s low output resistance and high slew rates provide
efficient drive for many types of micromotors.
• Low Total RDS(ON) 0.8 Ω (Typ), 1.2 Ω (Max) @ 25°C
• Output Current 0.7 A (DC), 1.4 A (Peak)
• Shoot-Through Current Protection Circuit
• 3.0 V/5.0 V CMOS-Compatible Inputs
• PWM Control Input Frequency up to 200 kHz
• Built-In 2-Channel H-Bridge Driver
• Low Power Consumption
• Undervoltage Detection and Shutdown Circuit
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EV
H-BRIDGE MOTOR DRIVER
EV SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
MPC17533EV/EL -20°C to 65°C
5.0 V 5.0 V
13 V VDD
Figure 1. 17533 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006. All rights reserved.