Synchronous 4-bit Binary Counter (Synchronous Clear)
The HD74LV163A is 4-bit binary counters. All flip flops are clocked simultaneously on the low to high to
transition (positive edge) of the clock input waceform. These counters may be preset using the load input.
Presetting of all four flip flops is synchronous to the rising edge of clock. When load is held low counting
is disabled and the data on the A, B, C and D inputs is loaded into the counter on the rising edge clock. If
the load input is taken high before the positive edge of clock the count operation will be unaffected.
Low-voltage and high-speed operation is suitable for the battery-powered products (e.g., notebook
computers), and the low-power consumption extends the battery life.
• VCC = 2.0 V to 5.5 V operation
• All inputs VIH (Max.) = 5.5 V (@VCC = 0 V to 5.5 V)
• All outputs VO (Max.) = 5.5 V (@VCC = 0 V)
• Typical VOL ground bounce < 0.8 V (@VCC = 3.3 V, Ta = 25°C)
• Typical VOH undershoot > 2.3 V (@VCC = 3.3 V, Ta = 25°C)
• Output current ±6 mA (@VCC = 3.0 V to 3.6 V), ±12 mA (@VCC = 4.5 V to 5.5 V)