Parallel-Load 8-bit Shift Register
The HD74LV165A is 8-bit serial shift register shifts data from QA to QH when clocked. Parallel inputs to
each stage are enabled by a low level at the Shift/Load input. Also included is a gated clock input and a
complementary output from the eighth bit.
Clocking is accomplished through a 2-input NOR gate permitting one input to be used as a clock inhibit
function. Holding either of the clock inputs high inhibits clocking, and high enables the other clock input.
Data transfer occurs on the positive going edge of the clock. Parallel loading is inhibited as long as the
Shift/Load input is high. When taken low, data at the parallel inputs is loaded directly into the register
independent of the state of the clock.
Low-voltage and high-speed operation is suitable for the battery-powered products (e.g., notebook
computers), and the low-power consumption extends the battery life.
• VCC = 2.0 V to 5.5 V operation
• All inputs VIH (Max.) = 5.5 V (@VCC = 0 V to 5.5 V)
• All outputs VO (Max.) = 5.5 V (@VCC = 0 V)
• Typical VOL ground bounce < 0.8 V (@VCC = 3.3 V, Ta = 25°C)
• Typical VOH undershoot > 2.3 V (@VCC = 3.3 V, Ta = 25°C)
• Output current ±6 mA (@VCC = 3.0 V to 3.6 V), ±12 mA (@VCC = 4.5 V to 5.5 V)