This service manual describes the latest service information
for the IC-F510, IC-F520 and IC-F521 VHF TRANSCEIVERS
at the time of publication.
To upgrade quality, any electrical or mechanical parts and
internal circuits are subject to change without notice or
NEVER connect the transceiver to an AC outlet or to a DC
power supply that uses more than 16 V. This will ruin the
DO NOT expose the transceiver to rain, snow or any liquids.
DO NOT reverse the polarities of the power supply when
connecting the transceiver.
DO NOT apply an RF signal of more than 20 dBm (100 mW)
to the antenna connector. This could damage the transceiv-
er’s front end.
Be sure to include the following four points when ordering
1. 10-digit order numbers
2. Component part number and name
3. Equipment model name and unit name
4. Quantity required
1110003490 S.IC TA31136FN
IC-F510 MAIN UNIT 5 pieces
8810009990 Screw PH BT M3×8 ZK IC-F520 Bottom cover 10 pieces
Addresses are provided on the inside back cover for your
1. Make sure a problem is internal before disassembling the
2. DO NOT open the transceiver until the transceiver is
disconnected from its power source.
3. DO NOT force any of the variable components. Turn
them slowly and smoothly.
4. DO NOT short any circuits or electronic parts. An insu-
lated tuning tool MUST be used for all adjustments.
5. DO NOT keep power ON for a long time when the trans-
ceiver is defective.
6. DO NOT transmit power into a signal generator or a
7. ALWAYS connect a 50 dB to 60 dB attenuator between
the transceiver and a deviation meter or spectrum ana-
lyzer when using such test equipment.
8. READ the instructions of test equipment thoroughly
before connecting equipment to the transceiver.