3.3V to 20V, Single-Phase PWM Controller
with Integrated 2A/4A MOSFET Drivers
The ISL8118 is a single-phase PWM controller featuring an
input voltage range of +3.3V to +20V and integrated MOSFET
drivers. Utilizing voltage-mode operation with input voltage
feed-forward compensation, the ISL8118 maintains a constant
loop gain, providing optimal transient response for applications
with a wide input operating voltage range.
The output voltage can be precisely regulated down to
0.591V with a system tolerance of ±0.85% over the
commercial temperature range and line and load variations.
A external reference input is provided to bypass the internal
reference for voltage tracking or DDR memory applications.
The compact 28 Ld 5x5 QFN package, integrated linear
regulator as well as the external linear regulator drive option,
integrated differential remote sense amplifier and integrated
voltage margining with adjustable upper and lower settings
decrease external component count and reduce board
Programmable soft-start with pre-biased load capability,
adjustable operating frequency from 250kHz to 2MHz,
sourcing and sinking overcurrent protection, overvoltage and
undervoltage protection, and power-good indication with
programmable delay combine to make the ISL8118 a
superior choice for many power supply systems.
(28 LD 5x5 QFN)
28 27 26 25 24 23 22
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
August 1, 2006
• Wide Input Voltage Range: +3.3V to +20V
• High-Speed 2A/4A MOSFET Gate Drivers That Operate
from 2.9V to 5.6V
• 0.591V Internal Reference
• External Reference Input
• Input Voltage Feed-forward Compensation
• Internal Linear Regulator
• External Linear Regulator Drive Available
• High System Accuracy:
- ±0.85% over the range of 0°C to +70°C
- ±1.25% over the range of -40°C to +85°C
• Programmable Operating Frequency from 250kHz to
• Programmable Soft-Start with Pre-biased Load Capability
• Integrated Unity-Gain Differential Remote Sense Amplifier
• Enable Input with Voltage Monitoring Capability
• Integrated Voltage Margining with Independent Upper and
• Overvoltage and Undervoltage Protection
• Low-Side and High-Side MOSFET Current Sensing
• Overcurrent Protection for Sourcing and Sinking Currents
• Power-Good Indicator with Programmable Delay
• Compact 28 Ld 5x5 QFN Package
• Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
• Telecom and Datacom Servers
• Point of Load Modules
• Routers and Switchers
• High Current Distributed Power Supplies
MARKING RANGE (°C)
ISL8118CRZ ISL8118CRZ 0 to 70 28 Ld 5x5 QFN L28.5x5
ISL8118IRZ ISL8118IRZ -40 to 85 28 Ld 5x5 QFN L28.5x5
*Add “-T” suffix for tape and reel.
NOTE: Intersil Pb-free plus anneal products employ special Pb-free
material sets; molding compounds/die attach materials and 100%
matte tin plate termination finish, which are RoHS compliant and
compatible with both SnPb and Pb-free soldering operations. Intersil
Pb-free products are MSL classified at Pb-free peak reflow
temperatures that meet or exceed the Pb-free requirements of
IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2006. All Rights Reserved
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.