3.3 or 5 Volt VCSEL/FP Laser Driver IC for Applications to 4.3 Gbps
• EPON FTTH modules
• Gigabit Ethernet modules
• 1G/2G/4G Fibre Channel modules
• Digital Video
• High speed operation; suitable for SFP/SFF applications from
155Mbps to 4.3 Gbps.
• Supports Common Anode VCSEL, Common Cathode VCSEL, or FP
LASER. May be used with or without a monitor photodiode.
• Programmable temperature compensation. Modulation output and
bias output can be controlled using the programmable module
controller M02088 or a few discrete resistors.
• Supports DDMI (SFF-8472) diagnostics.
• DC or AC coupled modulation drive.
• Peaking circuit to optimize VCSEL response.
• Low overshoot allows high extinction ratio with low jitter.
• Supports E-PON burst mode with no extra components
• Automatic Laser Power Control, with “Slow-Start”.
• 3.3V or 5V operation
The M02069 is a highly integrated, programmable VCSEL driver intended for SFP/SFF modules to 4.3 Gbps. Using
differential PECL data inputs, the M02069 supplies the bias and modulation current required to drive a VCSEL or
edge-emitting laser. The modulation output can be AC or DC-coupled to a FP laser diode or AC coupled to a com-
mon anode or common cathode VCSEL
Peaking adjustment is available to improve VCSEL fall time.
EPON burst mode operation is supported with no extra components.
Integrated safety circuitry detects faults and provides latched bias and modulation current shutdown.
Functional Block Diagram
Buf f er
V CC3 -1.3V
Buf f er
Automatic Power Control
(laser bias current)
M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. (MACOM) and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the product(s) or information contained herein without notice.
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.
For further information and support please visit: