Ordering number : ENA2161
for Electrostatic Capacitive Touch
The LC717A10AR is a high-performance and low-cost capacitance-digital-converter LSI for electrostatic capacitive
touch sensor, especially focused on usability.
It has 16 channels capacitance-sensor input. This makes it ideal for use in the products that need many switches.
Since the calibration function and the judgment of ON/OFF are automatically performed in LSI internal, it can make
development time more short. A detection result (ON/OFF) for each input can be read out by the serial interface (I2C
compatible bus or SPI).
Also, measurement value of each input can be read out as 8-bit digital data. Moreover, gain and other parameters can
be adjusted using serial interface.
• Detection system: Differential capacitance detection (Mutual capacitance type)
• Input capacitance resolution: Can detect capacitance changes in the femto Farad order
• Measurement interval (16 differential inputs): 30ms (Typ) (at initial configuration),
6ms (Typ) (at minimum interval configuration)
• External components for measurement: Not required
• Interface: I2C * compatible bus or SPI selectable.
• Current consumption: 570μA (Typ) (VDD = 2.8V), 1.3mA (Typ) (VDD = 5.5V)
• Supply voltage: 2.6V to 5.5V
• Detection operations: Switch
• Packages: VCT28
* I2C Bus is a trademark of Philips Corporation.
Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2013
D1912HKPC 20121129-S00004 No.A2161-1/11