The MC33470 is a digitally programmable switching voltage
regulator, specifically designed for Microprocessor supply, Voltage
Regulator Module and general purpose applications, to provide a high
power regulated output voltage using a minimum of external parts. A
5−bit digital−to−analog converter defines the dc output voltage.
This product has three additional features. The first is a pair of high
speed comparators which monitor the output voltage and expedite the
circuit response to load current changes. The second feature is a
soft−start circuit which establishes a controlled response when input
power is applied and when recovering from external circuit fault
conditions. The third feature is two output drivers which provide
synchronous rectification for optimum efficiency.
This product is ideally suited for computer, consumer, and industrial
equipment where accuracy, efficiency and optimum regulation
performance is desirable.
• 5−Bit Digital−to−Analog Converter Allows Digital Control of Output
• High Speed Response to Transient Load Conditions
• Output Enable Pin Provides On/Off Control
• Programmable Soft−Start Control
• High Current Output Drives for Synchronous Rectification
• Internally Trimmed Reference with Low Temperature Coefficient
• Programmable Overcurrent Protection
• Overvoltage Fault Indication
• Functionally Similar to the LTC1553
• Pb−Free Packages are Available*
A = Assembly Location
WL = Wafer Lot
YY = Year
WW = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
(Note: Microdot may be in either location)
*For additional information on our Pb−Free strategy and soldering details, please
download the ON Semiconductor Soldering and Mounting Techniques
Reference Manual, SOLDERRM/D.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2006
August, 2006 − Rev. 4
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 13 of this data sheet.
Publication Order Number: