VITA 25K Image Sensor
• 5120 x 5120 Active Pixels
• 4.5 mm x 4.5 mm Square Pixels
• 35 mm Optical Format
• Monochrome (SN) or Color (SE)
• 53 Frames per Second (fps) at Full Resolution
• On-chip 10-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
• 32 Low-voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) High-speed Serial
• Random Programmable Region of Interest (ROI) Readout
• Pipelined and Triggered Global Shutter, Rolling Shutter
• On-chip Fixed Pattern Noise (FPN) Correction
• Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
• Operational Range: −40°C to +85°C
• 355-pin mPGA Package
• 3.4 W Power Dissipation
• These Devices are Pb−Free and are RoHS Compliant
• Machine Vision
• Motion Monitoring
• Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS)
• Pick and Place Machines
Figure 1. VITA 25K Photograph
The VITA 25K is a 5120 x 5120 CMOS image sensor delivering high resolution images at frame rates up to 53 frames per
second. The high sensitivity 4.5 mm x 4.5 mm pixels support pipelined and triggered global shutter readout modes and can also
be operated in a low noise rolling shutter mode. In rolling shutter mode, the sensor supports correlated double sampling readout,
reducing noise and increasing the dynamic range.
The sensor has on-chip programmable gain amplifiers and 10-bit A/D converters. The image’s black level is either calibrated
automatically or can be adjusted by adding a user programmable offset.
A high level of programmability using a four wire serial peripheral interface enables the user to read out specific regions
of interest. Up to 32 regions can be programmed, achieving even higher frame rates.
The image data interface consists of 32 LVDS lanes. Each channel runs at 620 Mbps. A separate synchronization channel
containing payload information is provided to facilitate the image reconstruction at the receive end.
The VITA 25K is packaged in a ceramic 355-pin mPGA package and is available in a monochrome, color and windowless
Contact your local ON Semiconductor office for more information.
Mono micro lens
Color micro lens
Mono micro lens windowless
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2014
June, 2014 − Rev. 9
Publication Order Number: