IC Card EEPROMs
EEPROM for IC Cards
The MN63151 is an EEPROM for use in IC cards. It
features security features and an address specification
system using opcode input.
Low cost combined with high security makes the chips
ideal for use in prepaid cards and other types of IC cards.
Easy-to-use control system
• Address specification system using opcode input
over a 3-wire interface (CLK, I/O, and RST)
• Automatic erasing and writing using a single 5 volt
The memory is divided into 11 areas. Six areas con-
taining 116 bytes are freely available.
Advanced security features
• Verification of IC card authenticity
The IC passes entered data through a random num-
ber generator circuit on its way to output to provide
a check of card validity.
• Protection against malicious experimentation
Four or more unsuccessful attempts to access the
IC card render it permanently unusable.
• Protection of individual memory areas on the card
Read or write access to a memory area requires
matches for both security and condition codes. There
is also a condition code for permanently disabling
• Mixed configuration of EPROM and EEPROM
Individual areas consist of EPROM or EEPROM.
• Write cycles: 10,000 times
• Data storage interval: 10 years
Note: This product is sold as wafers.