Digital Broadcast Reception LSI
Channel Decoder LSI for Digital Satellite Broadcast Reception
The MN88413 is a channel decoder LSI that integrates functions for digital satellite communications and broadcast
reception on a single chip.
The MN88413 supports both the Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) and the Digital Satellite System (DSS®) specifications.
It also supports a variable transport rate that can be set under program control using a fixed system clock frequency and
can implement a channel decoder with a minimal number of external components.
• Can be used in systems conforming to DVB, in US DIRECTV® systems, and in single carrier per channel (SCPC)
• Integrates a 2-channel A/D converter, a variable rate QPSK demodulator, and forward error correction
(FEC) on a single chip.
• Supports transfer rates from 1 Mbps to 90 Mbps.
• On-chip I/Q baseband signal offset voltage circuit and on-chip reference voltage circuit for the A/D and D/A converters.
• On-chip PLL circuit
• BER monitor function
• I2C bus master circuit for tuner control
• Supports LNB control clock and DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 and can output DiSEqC messages.
• General-purpose input and output ports
• On-chip boundary scan test circuit conforming to IEEE 1149.1
• Digital satellite broadcast receivers
Note: DSS® and DIRECTV® are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc.