Absolute Maximum Ratings
1 Absolute Maximum Ratings
VS Supply Voltage (pin 2) - Note 1 and Note 2
Flyback Peak Voltage - Note 2
V3 Voltage at Pin 3 - Note 2, Note 3 and Note 6
Amplifier Input Voltage - Note 2, Note 6 and Note 7
Output Peak Current at f = 50 to 200 Hz, t ≤ 10µs - Note 4
Output Peak Current non-repetitive - Note 5
Sink Current, t<1ms - Note 3
Source Current, t < 1ms
I3 Flyback pulse current at f=50 to 200 Hz, t≤10µs - Note 4
Human body model (100 pF discharged through 1.5 kΩ)
EIAJ Standard (200 pF discharged through 0 Ω)
Ts Storage Temperature
Tj Junction Temperature
-0.4 to (VS + 3)
- 0.4 to (VS + 2) or +40
-40 to 150
Note:1. Usually the flyback voltage is slightly more than 2 x VS. This must be taken into consideration when
2. Versus pin 4
3. V3 is higher than VS during the first half of the flyback pulse.
4. Such repetitive output peak currents are usually observed just before and after the flyback pulse.
5. This non-repetitive output peak current can be observed, for example, during the Switch-On/Switch-
Off phases. This peak current is acceptable providing the SOA is respected (Figure 8 and Figure 9).
6. All pins have a reverse diode towards pin 4, these diodes should never be forward-biased.
7. Input voltages must not exceed the lower value of either VS + 2 or 40 volts.
2 Thermal Data
Junction-to-Case Thermal Resistance
Temperature for Thermal Shutdown
Recommended Max. Junction Temperature