© SII Semiconductor Corporation, 1996-2014
EXTERNAL TRANSISTOR TYPE
CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-816 Series, developed using the CMOS technology, is an external transistor type positive voltage
regulator which incorporates an overcurrent protection circuit and an ON/OFF circuit. A low drop-out type
regulator with an output current ranging from several hundreds of mA to 1 A can be configured with the PNP
transistor driven by this IC.
Despite the features of the S-816 Series, which is low current consumption, the improvement in its transient
response characteristics of the IC with a newly deviced phase compensation circuit made it possible to employ
the products of the S-816 Series even in applications where heavy input variation or load variation is
The S-816 Series regulator serves as an ideal power supply unit for portable devices when coupled with the
small SOT-23-5 package, providing numerous outstanding features, including low current consumption. Since
the S-816 Series can accommodate an input voltage of up to 16 V, it is also suitable when operating via an AC
• Output voltage:
2.5 V to 6.0 V, selectable in 0.1 V step
• Input voltage:
16 V max.
• Output voltage accuracy:
• Current consumption:
30 μA typ., 40 μA max.
1 μA max.
• Built-in overcurrent (base current) protection circuit
• Built-in ON/OFF circuit:
Ensures long battery life.
• Built-in current source (10 μA):
No need for a base-emitter resistance.
• Operation temperature range:
Ta =−40°C to +85°C
• Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free*1
*1. Refer to “ Product Name Structure” for details.
• Power supply for on-board such as battery device for portable telephone, electronic notebook, PDA
• Constant voltage power supply for camera, video equipment and portable communication equipment
• Power supply for CPU
• Post-regulator for switching regulator
• Main regulator in multiple-power supply system