© Seiko Instruments Inc., 1999-2015
CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-817 Series is a 3-terminal positive voltage regulator, developed using CMOS technology. Small ceramic
capacitors can be used as the output capacitor, and the S-817 Series provides stable operation with low loads
down to 1 μA.
Compared with the conventional voltage regulator, it is low current consumption, and with a lineup of the super
small package (SNT-4A:1.2 mm × 1.6 mm). It is optimal as a power supply of small portable device.
• Output voltage:
1.1 V to 6.0 V, selectable in 0.1 V step
• Output voltage accuracy:
• Dropout voltage:
160 mV typ. (5.0 V output product, IOUT = 10 mA)
• Current consumption:
During operation: 1.2 μA typ., 2.5 μA max.
• Output current:
Possible to output 50 mA (3.0 V output product, VIN=5 V)*1
Possible to output 75 mA (5.0 V output product, VIN=7 V)*1
• Output capacitor
A ceramic capacitor of 0.1 μF or more can be used.
• Built-in short circuit protection: Only S-817A Series
• Line regulation:
Stable operation at low load of 1 μA
• Operation temperature range: Ta = −40°C to +85°C
• Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free*2
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the load is large.
*2. Refer to “ Product Name Structure” for details.
• Constant-voltage power supply for battery-powered device
• Constant-voltage power supply for personal communication device
• Constant-voltage power supply for home electric/electronic appliance
Seiko Instruments Inc.