Detecting Distance : 1 to 9mm
Reﬂective Photointerrupter with
GP2A230LRS0F Series are standard, OPIC output,
reflective photointerrupters with emittter and detector
facing the same direction in a molding that provides
non-contact sensing. This family of devices uses light
modulation to reduce the affects of disturbing light, and
the sensor is optimized to work in the selected focal
distance. A 3-pin connector is included to allow remote-
mount or off-board designs.
■ Agency approvals/Compliance
1. Compliant with RoHS directive
1. General purpose detection of paper presence or mo-
2. Example : PPC, FAX, Printer
1. Reﬂective with OPIC Light Modulated Output
2. Highlights :
• Position pin to prevent mis-alignment.
• Snap-mount positioning hooks
• Includes additional screw ﬁxing holes
• Short focal distance
3. Key Parameters :
• Detecting distance : 1 to 9mm (White paper)
3 to 7mm (Black paper)
• Undetecting distance : over 27mm (White paper)
• Connector : GP2A230LRSAF ; Tyco Electronics AMP K.K.
(PN : 292133-3)
GP2A230LRS0F ; Tyco Electronics AMP K.K.
(PN : 292133-3)
GP2A231LRSAF ; Japan Molex K.K.
(PN : 53401-0335)
4. Lead free and RoHS directive compliant
* "OPIC"(Optical IC) is a trademark of the SHARP Corporation. An OPIC consists of a light-detecting element and a signal-
Notice The content of data sheet is subject to change without prior notice.
In the absence of conﬁrmation by device speciﬁcation sheets, SHARP takes no responsibility for any defects that may occur in equipment using any SHARP
devices shown in catalogs, data books, etc. Contact SHARP in order to obtain the latest device speciﬁcation sheets before using any SHARP device.
Sheet No.: D3-A05201EN
1 Date Oct. 3. 2005
© SHARP Corporation