TOSHIBA Bi-CMOS Linear Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
45W × 4-ch BTL Audio Power IC
The TB2929HQ is a four-channel BTL power amplifier for car
This IC has a pure complementary P-ch and N-ch DMOS output
stage, offering maximum output power (POUT MAX) of 45 W.
It includes a standby switch, mute function and various
• High output power
• POUT MAX (1) = 45 W (typ.)
(VCC = 15.2 V, f = 1 kHz, JEITA max, RL = 4 Ω)
Weight: 7.7 g (typ.)
• POUT MAX (2) = 41 W (typ.)
(VCC = 14.4 V, f = 1 kHz, JEITA max, RL = 4 Ω)
• POUT (1) = 24 W (typ.)
(VCC = 14.4 V, f = 1 kHz, THD = 10%, RL = 4 Ω)
• POUT (2) = 21 W (typ.)
(VCC = 13.2 V, f = 1 kHz, THD = 10%, RL = 4 Ω)
• Low THD: 0.007% (typ.) (VCC = 13.2 V, f = 1 kHz, POUT = 5 W, RL = 4 Ω)
• Low noise: VNO = 60 μVrms (typ.)
(VCC = 13.2 V, Rg = 0 Ω, BW = 20 Hz to 20 kHz, RL = 4 Ω)
• Standby switch (pin 4)
• Mute function (pin 22)
• Built-in AUX amplifier from single input to 2 channels output (pin 25)
• Various protection features
Thermal overload; overvoltage; output short-circuits to GND, VCC and across the load; speaker current limiting
• Operating supply voltage: VCC (opr) = 8.0 to 18 V (RL = 4 Ω)
Note 1: Install the device correctly. Otherwise, the device or system may be degraded, damaged or even destroyed.
The protection features are intended to avoid output short-circuits or other abnormal conditions temporarily. It
is not guaranteed that they will prevent the IC from being damaged.
Exposure to conditions beyond the guaranteed operating ranges may not activate the protection features,
resulting in an IC damage due to output short-circuits.