TOSHIBA BiCD INTEGRATED CIRCUIT SILICON MONOLITHIC
Step up DC-DC converter for LEDs
• The new driver incorporates a Pulse Current Drive Mode that raises
efficiency over 90% while driving up to six white LEDs in a serial
• In Direct Current Drive Mode white LEDs can be driven with very
low noise and efficiencies over 85%.
• The TB62731FU uses bi-cadmium (BiCD) process technology. This
new methodology allows for a reduction in the external component
count therefore lowering costs and improving battery life.
• Newly developed temperature derating technology predicts environmental temperature, including heat
dissipating from the driver IC itself, and adjusts current to optimize light emission.
• Ultra compact 6-pin SOT23 package.
• Ability to drive all wavelengths and materials.
• +3.0V to +5.5V supply voltage
• Adjustable output current (Up to 320mW output power) 20mA driving current can be supply for LEDs with
16V total Vf
• Internal switching MOSFET (1.5 ohm typ)
• Shutdown function
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in general can malfunction or fail due to
their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility of the buyer, when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to comply with the
standards of safety in making a safe design for the entire system, and to avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of such TOSHIBA products could cause
loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to property.
• In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating ranges as set forth in the most recent TOSHIBA products
specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions set forth in the “Handling Guide for Semiconductor Devices,” or “TOSHIBA
Semiconductor Reliability Handbook” etc..
• The TOSHIBA products listed in this document are intended for usage in general electronics applications (computer, personal equipment, office equipment,
measuring equipment, industrial robotics, domestic appliances, etc.). These TOSHIBA products are neither intended nor warranted for usage in equipment that
requires extraordinarily high quality and/or reliability or a malfunction or failure of which may cause loss of human life or bodily injury (“Unintended Usage”).
Unintended Usages include atomic energy control instruments, airplane or spaceship instruments, transportation instruments, traffic signal instruments,
combustion control instruments, medical instruments, all types of safety devices, etc. Unintended Usage of TOSHIBA products listed in this document shall be
made at the customer’s own risk.
• The products described in this document are subject to the foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by TOSHIBA CORPORATION for
any infringements of intellectual property or other rights of the third parties, which may result from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under
any intellectual property or other rights of TOSHIBA CORPORATION or others.
120 Broadway • Menands, NY 12203
800.984.5337 FAX: 518.432.7454
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.