TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Octal Bus Buffer
Inverted, 3-State Outputs
Non-Inverted, 3-State Outputs
Note: xxxFW (JEDEC SOP) is not available in
The TC74VHCT240A and 244A are advanced high speed
CMOS OCTAL BUS BUFFFERs fabricated with silicon gate
C2MOS technology. They achieve the high speed operation
similar to equivalent Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining
the CMOS low power dissipation.
The TC74VHCT240A is an inverting 3-state buffer having two
active-low output enables. The TC74VHCT244A is a
non-inverting 3-state buffer, and has two active-low output
These devices are designed to be used with 3-state memory
address drivers, etc.
The input voltage are compatible with TTL output voltage.
These devices may be used as a level converter for interfacing
3.3 V to 5 V system.
Input protection and output circuit ensure that 0 to 5.5 V can
be applied to the input and output (Note) pins without regard to
the supply voltage. These structure prevents device destruction
due to mismatched supply and input/output voltages such as
battery back up, hot board insertion, etc.
Note: Output in off-state
• High speed: tpd = 6.1 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 µA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• Compatible with TTL outputs: VIL = 0.8 V (max)
VIH = 2.0 V (min)
• Power down protection is provided on all inputs and outputs
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Low noise: VOLP = 1.0 V (max)
• Pin and function compatible with the 74 series
(74AC/HC/F/ALS/LS etc.) 240/244 type.
: 0.22 g (typ.)
: 0.22 g (typ.)
: 0.46 g (typ.)
TSSOP20-P-0044-0.65A : 0.08 g (typ.)
VSSOP20-P-0030-0.50 : 0.03 g (typ.)