High Dynamic Range Cellular Band MMIC Mixer
The Communications Edge TM
Advanced Product Information
• +30 dBm IIP3
• RF 890 – 960 MHz
• LO 1190 – 1310 MHz
• IF 300 – 350 MHz
• +17 dBm Drive Level
• Low Cost SOIC-8 Package
• No External Bias Required
The MH204 is a passive GaAs MESFET mixer that
provides high dynamic range performance in a low
cost SOIC-8 package. WJ’s MH204 uses patented
techniques to realize greater than +30 dBm Input
IP3 at an LO drive level of +17 dBm when used in a
simple application circuit as an upconverting or
downconverting configuration. This single
monolithic integrated circuit does not require any
external baluns or bias elements.
Typical applications include frequency up/down
conversion, modulation and demodulation for
receivers and transmitters used in 2.5G and 3G
systems using the cellular and GSM frequency
IF & RF*
* 4 external components (inductors & capacitors)
are required to diplex the signal
Minimum Typical Maximum
SSB Conversion Loss
LO Drive Level
1. Data was taken using an application board shown on the following page, with a high side LO at +17 dBm in an downconverting application at 25°C.
2. Input IP3 was measured with two tones with an input power of -5 dBm / tone separated by 1 MHz.
Absolute Maximum Rating3
Operating Case Temperature
Maximum Input LO Power4
-40° to +85 °C
-65° to +100 °C
3. Operation of this device above any of these parameters may cause permanent damage.
4. Total sum of LO port and RF port power should not to exceed +23 dBm.
All components are of size 0402
WJ Communications, Inc • Phone 1-800-WJ1-4401 • FAX: 408-577-6620 • e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Web site: www.wj.com