• Nordig II and ETSI 300 744 compliant
• Superior Single Frequency Network performance
• Unique active Impulse-Noise filtering
• Single SAW operation
• Automatic co-channel and adjacent-channel
• Clock generation from single low-cost 20.48 MHz
crystal or external 4 or 27 MHz clock
• IF sampling at 4.57, 36.17 or 43.5 MHz from a
single crystal frequency
• Channel bandwidth of 6, 7 & 8 MHz
• Blind acquisition capability (including 2 K / 8 K
• Automatic spectral inversion detection
• Fast auto-scan and acquisition technology
• Very low software overhead
• Dual AGC control option
• Access to channel SNR, pre- and post-Viterbi bit
• Compact 64 pin LQFP
• Less than 0.22 W power consumption
• Standby and sleep options
• Set-top boxes
• Integrated digital televisions
• Personal video recorders
• Terrestrial PC reception
• Mobile and portable applications
MT352/CG/GP1N 64 Pin LQFP Trays
MT352/CG/GP1Q 64 Pin LQFP Tape & Reel
MT352/CG/GP2Q 64 Pin LQFP* Tape & Reel
MT352/CG/GP2N 64 Pin LQFP* Trays
* Pb Free Matte Tin
0oC to +70oC
Zarlink evaluation kits include application board, TNIM
and supporting software based on industry standard
operating systems. Device drivers are also available
enabling rapid product development and reduction in
time to market.
MT352 is a superior third generation Coded
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex (COFDM)
television demodulator that is both Nordig II and DVB
(as defined in ETS 300 744 specification) compliant. It
can be used in either 2 K or 8 K modes with 6, 7 or
8 MHz channels and is capable of addressing all
modes of transmission.
The device includes a high performance 10-bit A/D
converter capable of accepting direct IF at 36.17 or
43.75 MHz. Sampling rates required for both these
frequencies in 6,7 or 8 MHz OFDM channels can be
generated from a single 20.48 MHz crystal.
Alternatively, there is provision to replace this crystal
with a 4 or 27 MHz external clock input.
Symbol & Bit
Figure 1 - Block Diagram
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.
Zarlink, ZL and the Zarlink Semiconductor logo are trademarks of Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005, Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. All Rights Reserved.