AMIS-710310-DR: 300dpi Two-Level Digital Output Module Data Sheet
1.0 General Description
The AMIS-710310-DR (PI310MC-DR) is a contact image sensor (CIS) module with an additional on-board circuit that digitizes the
analog pixels from the CIS image sensor to a “background-tracking”, two-level digital output signal. The module uses MOS image
sensor technology to gain high-speed performance and high sensitivity. The AMIS-710310-DR is suitable for scanning documents with
widths of 89mm and with resolutions of 11.8 dots per millimeter (dpm). It has broad applications but is specifically designed for the
• Where data compression is required, such as in data transmissions.
• Where component pin-out count must be kept to a minimum.
The background-tracking-digitizing circuits in the AMIS-710310-DR have been referred to as the “dynamic threshold” two-level A/D
converter. For the purpose of describing the module’s characteristics, this “dynamic threshold” processing circuit shall herein be
referred to as the “tracking digitizer”.
2.0 Key Features
• Light source, lens and sensor are integrated into a single module
• 11.8dpm resolution, 89mm scanning length
• Up to 423µsec/line scanning speed, with 2.5MHz pixel rate (see Table 3, Note 3)
• Wide dynamic range two-level tracking digital output (“Dynamic Threshold Digitizer”)
• Standard Yellow-Green light source (other colors are available)
• Compact size ≅ 13mm x 25.6mm x 102mm low power
• Light weight
3.0 Module Description
Figure 1: Block Diagram of AMIS-710310-DR
AMI Semiconductor – May 06, M-20566-001