Motor Driver ICs
Motor Driver for Portable DVD player
with DC-DC Step Down Converter
The AM5898N is a 4-channel BTL driver IC for driving the motors and actuators such as used in DVD player and
consists of two DC-DC Step Down Converters. It is pretty fit for portable DVD player application. Package material
is Pb Free for environmental protection.
BTL driver for portable DVD player with DC-DC power management.
(A) 4-channel BTL:
1) Two channels are voltage-type BTL drivers for actuators of tracking and focus. Two channels are
voltage-type BTL driver for sled and spindle motors. It is also built-in two DC-DC converters.
2) Wide dynamic range for motor drive [3.6V (typ.) when Vcc= 5V, at RL= 20 load].
(B) 2 DC-DC Step down converters:
1) Efficiency up to 85%
2) Operation from 4.5~16V
3) Typical frequency operation to 240KHz.
4) Over voltage protection built-in.
5) Over current protection built-in.
(C) Common circuit
1) Level shift circuit built-in.
2) Thermal shut down circuit built-in.
3) Mute mode built-in for motor drive. EN1, EN2 mode control for two set of DC-DC step down
Sept 2005 V0.64
Datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.net/