Multi-Output Power Supply with VCOM Amplifier for EPD
• Single Chip Power Management Solution for E- The APW7223 is a single chip, multi outputs PMIC for E-
paper displays. Two PWM converters respectively gener-
• Input Supply Voltage Range: 3.0~5.5V
ate positive and negative voltages which are boosted to
• I2C Series Interface
higher voltage by two charge pumps for both source and
• Boost Converter for Positive Rail Base (HVINP)
gate drivers. Two integrated power switches are used to
• Inverting Buck-Boost Converter for Negative Rail disconnect these PWM outputs from load in shutdown
mode. All PWM and charge pump output voltages are
• Accurate Voltage Tracking between HVINP and adjustable by external resistors and their power on/off
timings can be individually programmable via I2C interface.
• Integrated Two Power Switches with Soft-start One accurate VCOM voltage, for backplane biasing, is
Control for Source Driver Supply
adjustable via I2C interface from -0.3V to -2.85V with 10mV
per step. The VCOM is capable of sourcing and sinking
• Two Charge Pump for Gate Driver Supply
current, depending on panel condition, at lease 100mA.
An external negative temperature coefficient(NTC) resis-
tor is incorporated to sense remote temperature. This
remote temperature sensing can be used to monitor the
• Accurate and Adjustable VCOM Voltage for Panel battery’s surface temperature to avoid over heating. The
temperature data is mapped from the voltage on TS pin
- -0.3 to -2.85V/100mA, 10mV per step
according to a preset conversion table. Approximately
every 250µs the APW7223 executes the voltage/tempera-
• Programmable Turn-on/Turn-off Timing in every ture conversion and stores the temperature date in reg-
ister in two’s complement format.
• Remote Temperature Sensing
The APW7223 is available in a space saving TQFN5x5
• POK Output
32-pin package and is specified over the -40oC to +85oC
• FAULT Output
extended temperature range.
• Enable Input
• Current Limit Protection
Over Temperature Protection
Fault Events Report in Every Output for Easy De-
• 1MHz Fixed PWM Frequency
• E-paper Displays
• Up to 85% efficiency for the Boost
• Internal Soft Start Control
• Available in TQFN5x5-32 Package
• Halogen and Lead Free Available (RoHS
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturability without notice, and
advise customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright © ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. A.2 - May., 2016