System Power PWM Controller for Notebook Computers
• Built in 2 PWM Controller into single chip
The APW8820 offers a compact power supply solution to
• High Input Battery Voltage Range from 5.5V to 28V provide 2 voltages required by notebook application. The
• Fixed 1.0MHz Switching Frequency for Individual 2 PWM controllers use current-mode scheme with phase
shift 180 degrees control scheme allow to use MLCC
• Built in Programmable Inductor DCR Sense For output capacitors. The higher fixed 1MHz switching fre-
Inductor Current Sense Function
quency allows to use thin and small filtered components.
• Built in Current Mode Control with fully Support The APW8820 provides good transient response and
accurate DC output voltage in either PSM or PWM Mode.
MLCC Output Capacitor
In Pulse Skipping Modulation Mode (PSM), the APW8820
• Built in 180 degrees Phase Shift Function
provides high efficiency over light to heavy loads with load-
• Built in PWM/PSM/Ultra Sonic PFM (25kHz) Control ing modulated switching frequencies. The unique ultra-
sonic mode maintains the switching frequency above
• Built in Internal 5V/175mA and 3.3V/50mA Linear 25kHz, which eliminates noise in audio applications. The
APW8820 built in individual enable control input on 2 chan-
• 0.5V Reference Voltage
nels for flexible power sequence adjustment. The power-
• Built in Digital Soft-start
good outputs (SYSPOK) indicate the operating mode of
• Latch Off Mode for Both Channels
• Over-Temperature Protection
The APW8820 has been equipped with excellent protec-
• Built in SYSPOK Report function for 2 PWM tion functions: Power-on-RESET (POR), over-current pro-
tection (OCP), over-voltage protection OVP, under-volt-
• Available in TQFN4x4-24 and QFN3x3-20 Package age protection (UVP) and over-temperature protection
• Halogen and Lead Free Available (RoHS Compliant) (OTP) to prevent the device operate under abnormal con-
dition or adjacent pin shortage.
The APW8820 is available in TQFN4x4-24 and QFN3x3-
Simplified Application Circuit
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturability without notice, and
advise customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright © ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. A.1 - Dec., 2012
Free Datasheet http://www.datash