System Power PWM Controller with Economy Standby Mode
Simplified Application Circuit
• Wide Input voltage Range from 5.5V to 25V
• Provide 5 Independent Outputs with ±1.0% Accu- 5.5V~25V
- PWM1 Controller with Adjustable (2V to 5.5V) Out-
- PWM2 Controller with Adjustable (2V to 5.5V) Out-
- 100mA Low Dropout Regulator (LDO5) with Fixed
- 100mA Low Dropout Regulator (LDO3) with Fixed
- 250kHz Clock Signal for 15V Charge Pump (Used General Description
PWM1 as Its Power Supply)
The APW8823 integrates dual step-down, constant-on-
• Excellent Line/Load Regulations about ±1.5% over time, synchronous PWM controllers (that drives dual N-
temperature range at PWM Channels
channel MOSFETs for each channel) and two low drop-
• Low Consumption in Standby Mode
out regulators as well as various protections into a chip.
• 2Cells Input Battery Support
The PWM controllers step down high voltage of a battery
• Built in POR Control Scheme Implemented
to generate low-voltage for NB applications. The output
• Constant On-Time Control Scheme
of PWM1 and PWM2 can be adjusted from 2V to 5.5V by
• Built in Soft Start for PWM Outputs and Soft Stop setting a resistive voltage-divider from VOUTx to GND.
for PWM Outputs and LDO Outputs
The linear regulators provide 5V and 3.3V output for
• Integrated Bootstrap Forward P-CH MOSFET
standby power supply. The linear regulators provide up
• High Efficiency over Light to Full Load Range to 100mA output current. When the PWMx output voltage
is higher than LDOx bypass threshold, the related LDOx
• Built in Power Good Indicators (PWMs)
regulator is shut off and its output is connected to VOUTx
• 60% Under-Voltage and 115% Over-Voltage Protec- by internal switchover MOSFET. It can save power
• Adjustable Current-Limit Protection (PWMs)
dissipation. The charge pump circuit with 250kHz clock
driver uses VOUT1 as its power supply to generate ap-
- Using Sense Low-Side MOSFET’s R
• Over-Temperature Protection
proximately 15V DC voltage.
The APW8823 provides excellent transient response and
• 3mmx3mm Thin QFN-20 (TQFN3x3-20) package
accurate DC output voltage in either PFM or PWM Mode.
• Lead Free and Green Device Available (RoHS In Pulse-Frequency Mode (PFM), the APW8823 provides
very high efficiency over light to heavy loads with loading-
modulated switching frequencies. The Forced-PWM
Mode works nearly at constant frequency for low-noise
requirements. The unique ultrasonic mode maintains the
switching frequency above 25kHz, which eliminates noise
in audio application.
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturability without notice, and
advise customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright © ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. A.3 - Sep., 2016