1. Small/Large -signal data measured in a fully de-embedded test fixture form TA = 25°C.
2. Pre-assembly into package performance verified 100% on-wafer per AMMC-6120 published specifications.
3. This final package part performance is verified by a functional test correlated to actual performance at one or more
4. Specifications are derived from measurements in a 50 Ω test environment. Aspects of the amplifier performance may
be improved over a more narrow bandwidth by application of additional conjugate, linearity, or low noise (Гopt)
Table 1. RF Electrical Characteristics
TA=25°C, Vd=5.0V, Idq=0.45V, Vg=-1V, Zo=50 Ω
Min Typ. Max Unit
Operational Frequency, Freq
36 40 GHz
Small-signal Gain, Gain
Output Power at 1dB Gain Compression, P-1dB
Relative Third Order Inter-modulation level
(Δf=10MHz, Po=+12dBm, SCL), IM3
Input Return Loss, Rlin
Output Return Loss, Rlout
Reverse Isolation, Isolation
Table 2. Recommended Operating Range
1. Ambient operational temperature TA = 25°C unless otherwise noted.
2. Channel-to-backside Thermal Resistance (Tchannel (Tc) = 34°C) as measured using infrared microscopy. Thermal
Resistance at backside temperature (Tb) = 25°C calculated from measured data.
Min. Typical Max. Unit Comments
Drain Supply Current, Idq
450 mA Vd = 5V, Vg set for Id Typical
Gate Supply Operating Voltage, Vg
Table 3. Thermal Properties
Channel Temperature, Tch
(Channel-to-Base Plate), ch-bs
Channel-to-backside Thermal Resistance Tchannel(Tc)=34°C
Thermal Resistance at backside temperature Tb=25°C
Jc = 34 °C/W
1. Assume SnPb soldering to an evaluation RF board at 85 °C base plate temperatures. Worst case is at saturated output power when DC power
consumption rises to 5.24W with 0.9W RF power delivered to load. Power dissipation is 4.34W and the temperature rise in the channel is 72.9 °C. In
this condition, the base plate temperature must be remained below 82.1 °C to maintain maximum operating channel temperature below 155 °C.
Absolute Minimum and Maximum Ratings
Table 4. Minimum and Maximum Ratings
Drain Supply Voltage, Vd
Gate Supply Voltage, Vg
Power Dissipation, P¬D
CW Input Power, Pin
Maximum Assembly Temperature
1. Operation in excess of any one of these conditions may result in permanent damage to this device.
30 second maximum