PWM Step-Down Controller
The AX2201 integrates Pulse-Width-Modulation (PWM) control circuit into a single
chip. These devise include a reference voltage source, oscillation circuit, error amplifier and
AX2201 provides low-ripple power, high efficiency, and excellent transient
characteristics. The PWM control circuit is able to the duty ratio linearly form 0 up to 100%.
An enable function, an over current protect function and short circuit protect function are
built inside, and when OCP or SCP happens, the operation frequency will be reduced. Also,
an internal compensation block is built in to minimum external component count.
With the addition of an external P-channel Power MOS, a coil, capacitors, and a
diode connected externally, these components can function as step-down switching
regulators. They serve as ideal power supply units for portable devices when coupled with
the SOP-8L and MSOP-8L mini-package, providing such outstanding features as low
current consumption. Since this converter can accommodate an input voltage up to 24V, it
is also suitable for the operation via an AC adapter.
- Input voltage：3.6V to 23V
- Output voltage：0.25V to VCC
- LED backlight and high Power LED application
- Duty ratio：0% to 100% PWM control
- Oscillation frequency：330KHz.
- Current Limit (CL), Enable function.
- Thermal Shutdown function.
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP).
- External SW P-channel MOS.
- Low ESR output capacitor (Multi-layer chip capacitor (MLCC)) application.
- MSOP-8L and SOP-8L Pb-Free packages.
Axelite Confidential Materials, do not copy or distribute without written consent.
Rev.1.0 Jul.07, 2010