50KHz, 2A PWM Buck DC/DC Converter
The AX3011 series are monolithic IC designed for a step-down DC/DC converter, and
own the ability of driving a 2.5A load without additional transistor. It saves board space. The
external shutdown function can be controlled by logic level and then come into standby
mode. The internal compensation makes feedback control having good line and load
regulation without external design. Regarding protected function, thermal shutdown is to
prevent over temperature operating from damage; current limit is against over current
operating of the output switch that set by outside resistance. If current limit function occurs
and VFB is down below 0.3V, the switching frequency will be reduced to 10 KHz; and over
voltage protection (OVP) that can avoid high VOUT voltage to damage circuit and capacitor.
The chip is available in SOP-8L-EP package which features small size as SOP-8L with an
Exposed Pad to reduce the junction-to-case resistance.
- Operating voltage can be up to 40V.
- Maximum adjustable output voltage up to 38V.
- Typical switching frequency is 50K Hz.
- Voltage mode non-synchronous PWM converter.
- Thermal-shutdown and current-limit protection.
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP).
- External current limit setting.
- Over Voltage Protect (OVP) Sense and Output.
- Output load current: 2A.
- Low power standby mode.
- Built-in switching transistor on chip.
- SOP-8L-EP Pb-Free packages.
Axelite Confidential Materials, do not copy or distribute without written consent.
Rev.1.4 Aug.04, 2010