200KHz, 1.5A PWM Buck DC/DC Converter
The AX3020 series are monolithic IC designed for a step-down DC/DC converter, and
own the ability of driving a 1.5A load without additional transistor. It saves board space. The
external shutdown function can be controlled by logic level and then come into standby
mode. The internal compensation makes feedback control having good line and load
regulation without external design. Regarding protected function, thermal shutdown is to
prevent over temperature operating from damage, and current limit is against over current
operating of the output switch. If current limit function occurs and VFB is down below 0.5V,
the switching frequency will be reduced.
The AX3020 series operates at a switching frequency of 200KHz thus allow smaller
sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching
regulators. Other features include a guaranteed +3% tolerances on output voltage under
specified input voltage and output load conditions, the chips are available in a standard
8-lead SOP package.
- Output voltage: adjustable output version.
- Adjustable version output voltage range: 0.75V to 22V+3%.
- 200KHz fixed switching frequency.
- Voltage mode non-synchronous PWM control.
- Thermal-shutdown and current-limit protection.
- ON/OFF shutdown control input.
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP).
- Operating voltage can be up to 24V.
- Output load current: 1.5A.
- SOP-8L Pb-Free packages.
- Low power standby mode.
- Built-in switching transistor on chip.
Axelite Confidential Materials, do not copy or distribute without written consent.
Rev.1.3 Aug.04, 2010