3.5A Synchronous buck Converter
AX3121 consists of step-down switching regulator with synchronous PWM converter.
These devise include a reference voltage source, oscillation circuit, error amplifier, internal
PMOS and NMOS etc.
AX3121 provides low-ripple power, high efficiency, and excellent transient
characteristics. The PWM control circuit is able to the duty ratio linearly form 0 up to 100%.
This converter also contains an error amplifier circuit as well as an enable/soft-start circuit
that prevents overshoot at startup. An enable function, an over current protect function and
short circuit protect function are built inside, and when OCP or SCP happens, the operation
frequency will be reduced. Also, an external compensation is easily to system stable.
With the addition of internal PMOS and NMOS, a coil and capacitors externally, these
ICs can function as step-down switching regulators. They serve as ideal power supply units
for portable devices when coupled with the SOP-8L-EP package, providing such
outstanding features as low current consumption. Since this converter can accommodate
an input voltage up to 23V.
- Input voltage：4.5V to 23V
- Output voltage：VFB to VCC
- Duty ratio：0% to 100% PWM control
- Oscillation frequency：250KHz typ.
- Enable/Soft-Start and Current Limit (CL).
- Thermal Shutdown function.
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP).
- Built-in internal SW P-channel and N-channel MOS.
- SOP-8L with Exposed Pad Pb-Free package.
Axelite Confidential Materials, do not copy or distribute without written consent.
Rev.1.4 Aug.31, 2010