The AAT3683 BatteryManager is a highly integrat-
www.datasheeedt4sui.ncogmle-cell lithium-ion / polymer (Li-Ion) battery
charger that operates from a USB port or an AC
adapter input up to an input voltage of 6.5V.
The AAT3683 precisely regulates battery charge
voltage and current for 4.2V Li-Ion battery cells.
The battery charging current can be set by an
external resistor up to 1A.
Digital Thermal Loop Control maintains the maxi-
mum possible battery charging current for the given
set of input to output power dissipation and ambi-
ent temperature conditions.
Battery charge state is continuously monitored for
fault conditions. In the event of an over-current,
over-voltage, short-circuit, or over-temperature
condition, the device will shut down automatically,
thus protecting the charging device, control sys-
tem, and the battery under charge. A status mon-
itor output pin is provided to indicate the battery
charge status by directly driving an external LED.
An open-drain power source detection output is
provided to report the power supply status.
The AAT3683 is available in the Pb-free, thermally-
enhanced, space-saving 2.2x2.2mm 10-pin STDFN
(AAT3683-2 and -3) and 16-pin QFN33 (AAT3683-4)
packages and is specified for operation over the
-40°C to +85°C temperature range.
1A Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger
• USB or AC Adapter Input
• Programmable from 100mA to 1A
• 4.0V to 6.5V Input Voltage Range
• High Level of Integration with Internal:
— Charging Device
— Reverse Blocking Diode
— Current Sensing
• Digital Thermal Regulation
• Charge Current Programming (ISET)
• Charge Termination Current Programming (TERM)
• Charge Timer (CT)
• Battery Temperature Sensing (TS)
• TS Pin Open Detection
• Automatic Recharge Sequencing
• Automatic Trickle Charge for Battery Pre-
Conditioning (no trickle charge option available)
• Full Battery Charge Auto Turn-Off / Sleep
Mode / Charge Termination
• 1µA Max. Shutdown Current
• Over-Voltage and Over-Current Protection
• Emergency Thermal Protection
• Power On Reset and Soft Start
• 2.2x2.2mm STDFN-10 (AAT3863-2 and -3)
and QFN33-16 (AAT3683-4) Packages
• Bluetooth Headsets, Headphones, Accessories
• Cellular Phones
• Digital Still Cameras
• MP3, Portable Music, and Portable Media
• Personal Data Assistants (PDAs) and
• Other Li-Ion Battery-Powered Devices