MICROPOWER RAIL-TO-RAIL CMOS OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIER
The ALD1701 is a monolithic CMOS micropower high slew rate operational
amplifier intended for a broad range of analog applications using ±1V to
±6V dual power supply systems, as well as +2V to +12V battery operated
systems. All device characteristics are specified for +5V single supply or
±2.5V dual supply systems. Supply current is 250µA maximum at 5V
supply voltage. It is manufactured with Advanced Linear Devices' en-
hanced ACMOS silicon gate CMOS process.
The ALD1701 is designed to offer a trade-off of performance parameters
providing a wide range of desired specifications. It offers the popular
industry standard pin configuration of µA741 and ICL7611 types.
The ALD1701 has been developed specifically for the +5V single supply or
±1V to ±6V dual supply user. Several important characteristics of the
device make application easier to implement at those voltages.
First, the operational amplifier can operate with rail to rail input and output
voltages. This means the signal input voltage and output voltage can be
equal to the positive and negative supply voltages. This feature allows
numerous analog serial stages and flexibility in input signal bias levels.
Secondly, the device was designed to accommodate mixed applications
where digital and analog circuits may operate off the same power supply
or battery. Thirdly, the output stage can typically drive up to 50pF capacitive
and 10KΩ resistive loads.
These features, combined with extremely low input currents, high open
loop voltage gain of 100V/mV, useful bandwidth of 700KHz, a slew rate of
0.7V/µs, low power dissipation of 0.5mW, low offset voltage and tempera-
ture drift, make the ALD1701 a versatile, micropower operational amplifier.
The ALD1701, designed and fabricated with silicon gate CMOS techno-
logy, offers 1pA typical input bias current. On chip offset voltage trimming
allows the device to be used without nulling in most applications.
• All parameters specified for +5V single
supply or ±2.5V dual supply systems
• Rail to rail input and output voltage ranges
• No frequency compensation required --
unity gain stable
• Extremely low input bias currents --
1.0pA typical (30pA max.)
• Ideal for high source impedance
• Dual power supply ±1.0V to ±6.0V operation
• Single power supply +2V to +12V operation
• High voltage gain -- typically 100V/mV
• Drive as low as 10KΩ load
• Output short circuit protected
• Unity gain bandwidth of 0.7MHz
• Slew rate of 0.7V/µs
• Low power dissipation
• Voltage amplifier
• Voltage follower/buffer
• Charge integrator
• Photodiode amplifier
• Data acquisition systems
• High performance portable instruments
• Signal conditioning circuits
• Sensor and transducer amplifiers
• Low leakage amplifiers
• Active filters
• Sample/Hold amplifier
• Current to voltage converter
Operating Temperature Range
-55°C to +125°C
0°C to +70°C
0°C to +70°C
* Contact factory for industrial temperature range
DA, PA, SA PACKAGE
* N/C Pin is internally connected. Do not connect externally.
© 1998 Advanced Linear Devices, Inc. 415 Tasman Drive, Sunnyvale, California 94089 -1706 Tel: (408) 747-1155 Fax: (408) 747-1286 http://www.aldinc.com