5V RAIL-TO-RAIL PRECISION OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIER
The ALD1702/ALD1703 is a monolithic operational amplifier intended
primarily for a wide range of analog applications in +5V single power
supply and ±5V dual power supply systems as well as +4V to +12V battery
operated systems. All device characteristics are specified for +5V single
supply or ±2.5V dual supply systems. It is manufactured with Advanced
Linear Devices' enhanced ACMOS silicon gate CMOS process.
The device is designed to offer a balanced trade-off of performance
parameters providing a wide range of desired specifications. It offers the
industry pin configuration of µA741 and ICL7611 types.
The ALD1702/ALD1703 has been developed specifically with the 5V
single supply or ±2.5 dual supply user in mind. Several important
characteristics of the device make many applications easy to implement
for these supply voltages. First, the operational amplifier can operate with
rail to rail input and output voltages. This feature allows numerous analog
serial stages to be implemented without losing operating voltage margin.
Secondly, the device was designed to accommodate mixed applications
where digital and analog circuits may work off the same 5V power supply.
Thirdly, the output stage can drive up to 400pF capacitive and 5KΩ
resistive loads in non-inverting unity gain connection and double the
capacitance in the inverting unity gain mode.
These features, coupled with extremely low input currents, high voltage
gain, useful bandwidth of 1.5MHz, slew rate of 2.1V/µs, low power
dissipation, low offset voltage and temperature drift, make the ALD1702/
ALD1703 a truly versatile, user friendly, operational amplifier.
The ALD1702/ALD1703 is designed and fabricated with silicon gate
CMOS technology, and offers 1pA typical input bias current. On-chip offset
voltage trimming allows the device to be used without nulling in most
applications. The device offers typical offset drift of less than 7µV/°C which
eliminates many trim or temperature compensation circuits. For precision
applications, the ALD1702 is designed to settle to 0.01% in 8µs.
• Rail-to-rail input and output voltage ranges
• All parameters specified for +5V single
supply or ±2.5V dual supply systems.
• High load capacitance capability --
• No frequency compensation required --
unity gain stable
• Extremely low input bias currents --
1.0pA typical (30pA max.)
• Ideal for high source impedance applications
• Dual power supply ±2.5V to ±5.0V operation
• Single power supply +5V to +12V operation
• High voltage gain -- typically 85V/mV
@ ±2.5V and 250V/mV @ ±5.0V
• Drive as low as 2KΩ load with 5mA
• Output short circuit protected
• Unity gain bandwidth of 1.5MHz
• Slew rate of 2.1V/µs (1.4V/µs min.)
• Low power dissipation
• Voltage amplifier
• Voltage follower/buffer
• Charge integrator
• Photodiode amplifier
• Data acquisition systems
• High performance portable instruments
• Signal conditioning circuits
• Sensor and transducer amplifiers
• Low leakage amplifiers
• Active filters
• Sample/Hold amplifier
• Current to voltage converter
• Coaxial cable driver
Operating Temperature Range
-55°C to +125°C
0°C to +70°C
0°C to +70°C
* Contact factory for industrial temperature range
DA, PA, SA PACKAGE
* N/C Pin is internally connected. Do not connect externally.
© 1998 Advanced Linear Devices, Inc. 415 Tasman Drive, Sunnyvale, California 94089 -1706 Tel: (408) 747-1155 Fax: (408) 747-1286 http://www.aldinc.com