8-20 GHz Output x2
Active Frequency Multiplier
Chip Size: 1600 x 1000 µm (64 x 40 mils)
Chip Size Tolerance: ± 10 µm (± 0.4 mils)
Chip Thickness: 100 ± 10 µm (4 ± 0.4 mils)
Pad Dimensions: 120 x 80 µm (5x3 ± 0.4 mils)
• Input frequency range: 4-10 GHz
• Broad input power range: -3 to
• Output power: +14 dBm
(Pin = +2 dBm)
• Fundamental Suppression of 25 dBc
• 50 Ω Input and Output Match
• Supply bias of -1.2 V, 4.5 V and
Agilent’s AMMC-6120 is an easy-
to-use x2 active frequency
multiplier MMIC designed for
systems. Though capable of
doubling to 24 GHz with reduced
fundamental suppression, the
MMIC is designed to take a 4 to 10
GHz input and double it to 8 to 20
GHz. It has integrated output
amplifier, matching harmonic
suppression, and bias networks.
The input/output are matched to
50 Ω and fully DC blocked. The
MMIC is fabricated using PHEMT
technology. The backside of this
die is both RF and DC ground.
This helps simplify the assembly
process and reduces assembly
related performance variations
and costs. This MMIC is a cost
effective alternative to bulky
hybrid FET and diode doublers
that require high input drive
power, have high C.L. and poor
• Microwave radio systems
• Satellite VSAT, DBS Up/Down Link
• LMDS & Pt-Pt mmW Long Haul
• Broadband Wireless Access
(including 802.16 and 802.20
• WLL and MMDS loops
• Commercial grade military
AMMC-6120 Absolute Maximum Ratings
Positive Drain Voltage
Vg Gate Supply Voltage
Id Drain Current
Pin CW Input Power
Operating Channel Temp.
Tstg Storage Case Temp.
Tmax Maximum Assembly Temp. °C
(60 sec. max.)
1. Operation in excess of any one of these conditions may result in permanent damage to this device.
Attention: Observe precautions for handling electrostatic sensitive devices.
ESD Machine Model (Class A)
ESD Human Body Model (Class 0)
Refer to Agilent Application Note A004R: Electrostatic Discharge Damage and Control.