8-Line EMI Filter with Integrated ESD Protection
The AOZ8030 is an 8-line device integrating EMI filtering
with ESD protection for each line. It is designed to
suppress unwanted EMI/RFI signals and provide electro-
static discharge (ESD) protection in portable electronic
equipment. This state-of-the-art device utilizes AOS
leading edge Trench Vertical Structure [TVS]2 ™
technology for superior clamping performance and filter
attenuation over the full operating display range. The
AOZ8030 has been optimized for protection of color LCD
displays and CCD camera lines in cellular phones and
other portable consumer electronic devices.
The AOZ8030 consists of eight identical circuits
comprised of TVS diodes for ESD protection, and a
resistor–capacitor network for EMI/RFI filtering.
A series resistor value of 100Ω and a capacitance
value of 28pF are used to achieve -35dB minimum
attenuation from 800MHz to 3.0GHz. The TVS diodes
provide effective suppression of ESD voltages in excess
of ±20kV (air discharge) and ±20kV (contact discharge).
This exceeds IEC 61000-4-2, level 4 ESD immunity test.
The AOZ8030 comes in an RoHS compliant, 1.2mm x
3.5mm, 0.4mm pitch DFN package and is rated over a
-40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.
● 8 lines for EMI filtering and ESD protection:
– Exceeds IEC 61000-4-2, level 4 (ESD) immunity test
– ±20kV (air discharge) and ±20kV (contact discharge)
● Trench Vertical Structure [TVS]2 ™ based technology
used to achieve excellent ESD clamping & filter
performance over the full operating display range
● Filter performance: -35db attenuation from 800MHz to
● Low operating voltage: 5.0V
● Capacitance stability over wide range of voltages and
● DFN package: 1.2mm x 3.5mm, 0.4mm pitch
● Pb-Free device
● Green product
● EMI filtering and ESD protection for data lines
● LCD displays, camera interface, I/O interface
● Portable handheld devices, cell phones,
Rev. 1.8 January 2009
Page 1 of 7