Dot-matrix STN LCD 64-SEGMENT Driver with 64-row x 64-column Display Data Memory
The SBN0064G is a 64-SEGMENT driver with 64-row x64 column (4096-bit) on-chip Display Data Memory. It is designed
to be paired with the SBN6400G 64-COMMON driver to drive a STN LCD panel.
The on-chip Display Data Memory is for storing display data. Dot-matrix mapping method is used. A “0” stored in the
Display Data Memory bit corresponds to an OFF-pixel on the LCD panel; a “1” stored in the Display Data Memory bit
corresponds to an ON-pixel on the LCD panel.
Display on the LCD panel is controlled by a host microcontroller. The interface between the host microcontroller and the
SBN0064G is composed of 8-bit, bi-directional data bus (DB0~DB7) and control signals R/W, E, and C/D.
The SBN0064G does not have oscillator circuit. It depends on the SBN6400G to supply clocks (CLK1, CLK2) and display
control signals (CL, M, FRM).
• 64-SEGMENT STN LCD driver.
• To be paired with the SBN6400G 64-COMMON Driver.
• On-chip Display Data Memory: 64-row x 64-column (totally 4096 bits).
• Dot-Matrix Mapping between the Display Data Memory bit and LCD pixel.
• External LCD bias.
• Display duty cycle: 1/32 ~1/64.
• Normal mapping or Inverted mapping between SEGMENT outputs and Display Data Memory column outputs.
• Easy interface with a 8-bit host microcontroller.
• 8-bit parallel data bus; READ/WRITE, Enable, and Command/Data control bus.
• Programmable internal registers: Display ON/OFF, Display Start Line, Page Address, Column Address, and Status.
• Display Data WRITE and display data READ.
• Operating voltage range (VDD): 2.7 ~ 5.5 volts.
• LCD bias voltage (VLCD=VDD - V5): 13 volts (max).
• Negative power supply (VNEG=VDD-VEE): 16 volts (max).
• Operating temperature range: -20 to +75 °C.
• Storage temperature range: -55 to +125 °C.
2006 Apr 27
2 of 37
data sheet (v3.1)