Analog Front-end Chip for Multi-cells Li+ Battery Pack
AP9107 is an analog front-end chip especially for
multi-cells Li-ion/Polymer battery pack application.
It includes 8-Channels analog switch, builds in
passive balancing circuit for 6 channels with 65Ω
discharge resistor, and linear regulator with 5mA
capability which can offer low noise voltage
reference for post ADC circuit.
AP9107 has four logic selection inputs (A/B/C/D).
When all logic pins are set low, no channel is
selected and the chip is turned off with shutdown
mode. The A, B, C and D selection pins are
compatible with TTL/CMOS logic level, can be
connected to MCU I/O port directly to select the right
channel respectively. The VOUT is analog output pin
to indicate exactly the voltage of each channel.
AUX7, AUX8 pins are auxiliary channels, which can
be connected to the NTC and/or PTC resistor to
measure the battery pack temperature.
AP9107 has 4 logic output pins as ALO, BLO, CLO
and DLO, which can transfer control logic for the
upper chip if used in dual or triple chips in serial.
AP9107 is available in standard package of
• ±6mV Cell Voltage Matching Error between
eAny 2 CHs after Software Correlation
• Integrated Internal Balancing Circuit with 65Ω
• Built-in VREF, 5.0V/5.0mA with 1%
• eBuilt-in Logic Transfer with Level Shift for
eApplication with 2 or 3 Chips in Serial
• Ultra Low Current in Shutdown Mode, 4.5μA
• Up to 6-cells in Serial Battery Pack Application
ewith Single Chip
• Up to 11-cells in Serial Battery Pack Application
ewith Dual Chips
• Up to 16-cells in Serial Battery Pack Application
ewith Triple Chips
• Compatible with TTL/CMOS Logic Level
• E-Bike Battery Pack
• E-Moto Battery Pack
Nov. 2012 Rev 1. 1
Figure 1. Package Type of AP9107
BCD Semiconductor Manufacturing Limited