2-PHASE HALF-WAVE HIGH VOLTAGE MOTOR PRE-DRIVER
The AM4406/4406F are 2-phase, half-wave motor pre-
drivers fabricated for fan motors. These ICs are
equipped with lock shutdown and automatic restart
functions. The lock shutdown function turns off the
output current when the motor is under lock condition.
And when the motor is unlocked, the ICs will automat-
ically restart and allow DC fan to run.
In addition, the AM4406 and AM4406F have RD and
FG functions respectively. The RD function is to detect
the motor status and FG function enables frequency
The AM4406/4406F are available in SOIC-8 package.
· Hall Inputs with a Hysteresis
· Lock Shutdown and Automatic Restart
· Rotation Detection (RD) Output
· Frequency Generation (FG) Output
· Supply Voltage: 4 to 28V
· Output Current: 70mA Max.
· Operating Temperature: -40 to 95oC
· High Voltage, High Current Brushless DC Fan
· Power Supply and Switchboards
· Communications Facilities
· Industrial Equipment
Figure 1. Package Type of AM4406/4406F
Nov. 2009 Rev. 1. 5
BCD Semiconductor Manufacturing Limited