Modulating linear actuator, AC/DC 24 V, 100 N,
running time 3.5 s
Dimensions / Weight
See «Dimensions» on page 6
Approx. 640 g
! • The actuator is not allowed to be used outside the specified field of application, especially in
aircraft or in any other airborne means of transport.
• It may only be installed by suitably trained personnel. Any legal regulations or regulations
issued by authorities must be observed during assembly.
• The device may only be opened at the manufacturer‘s site. It does not contain any parts that
can be replaced or repaired by the user.
• The cable must not be removed from the device.
• The rotary supports and coupling pieces available as accessories must always be used if
lateral forces are likely. In addition, the actuator must not be tightly bolted to the application.
It must remain movable via the rotary support (refer to «Assembly notes»).
• If the linear actuator is exposed to severely contaminated atmosphere, appropriate
precautions must be taken on the system side. Excessive deposits of dust, soot etc. can
prevent the gear rack from being extended and retracted correctly.
• If not installed horizontally, the gear disengagement pushbutton may only be actuated when
there is no pressure on the gear rod.
• To calculate the actuating force required for air dampers and slide valves, the specifications
supplied by the damper manufacturers concerning the surface, cross section, design,
installation site and the air flow conditions must be observed.
• If a rotary support and/or coupling piece is used, losses in the actuation force losses are to
• Adaptation is necessary when the system is commissioned or whenever the stroke limiting is
adjusted (press the adaption pushbutton once).
• The device contains electrical and electronic components and is not allowed to be disposed
of as household refuse. All locally valid regulations and requirements must be observed.
Mode of operation
The actuator is controlled with a standard modulating signal of DC 0 ... 10 V and moves to the
position defined by the control signal. The measuring voltage U serves for the electrical display
of the damper position 0 ... 100% and as slave control signal for other actuators.
Simple direct mounting
The actuator can be directly connected with the application using the enclosed screws. The head
of the gear rod is connected to the moving part of the ventilation application individually on the
mounting side or with the Z-KS2 coupling piece provided.
Manual override Manual override with push-button possible (the gear is disengaged for as long as the button is
pressed or remains locked).
The stroke of the gear rack can be adjusted on both sides in increments of 20 mm by means of
mechanical end stops.
A minimum permissible stroke of 40 mm must be allowed for.
High functional reliability The actuator is overload-proof, requires no limit switches and automatically stops when the end
stop is reached.
The first time the supply voltage is switched on, i.e. during initial startup, the actuator carries out
an adaptation. After pressing the «gear disengagement» pushbutton, the actuator moves to the
home position at the end stop.
Pos. Direction of stroke Home position
The actuator then moves into the position defined by the control signal.
T2-LHQ24A-SR100 • en • v1.1 • 09.2010 • Subject to changes