TIP41, TIP41A, TIP41B, TIP41C
NPN SILICON POWER TRANSISTORS
● Designed for Complementary Use with the
● 65 W at 25°C Case Temperature
● 6 A Continuous Collector Current
● 10 A Peak Collector Current
● Customer-Specified Selections Available
Pin 2 is in electrical contact with the mounting base.
absolute maximum ratings at 25°C case temperature (unless otherwise noted)
Collector-base voltage (IE = 0)
Collector-emitter voltage (IB = 0)
Continuous collector current
Peak collector current (see Note 1)
Continuous base current
Continuous device dissipation at (or below) 25°C case temperature (see Note 2)
Continuous device dissipation at (or below) 25°C free air temperature (see Note 3)
Unclamped inductive load energy (see Note 4)
Operating junction temperature range
Storage temperature range
Lead temperature 3.2 mm from case for 10 seconds
-65 to +150
-65 to +150
NOTES: 1. This value applies for tp ≤ 0.3 ms, duty cycle ≤ 10%.
2. Derate linearly to 150°C case temperature at the rate of 0.52 W/°C.
3. Derate linearly to 150°C free air temperature at the rate of 16 mW/°C.
4. This rating is based on the capability of the transistor to operate safely in a circuit of: L = 20 mH, IB(on) = 0.4 A, RBE = 100 Ω,
VBE(off) = 0, RS = 0.1 Ω, VCC = 20 V.
DECEMBER 1970 - REVISED SEPTEMBER 2002
Specifications are subject to change without notice.