TIP120, TIP121, TIP122
NPN SILICON POWER DARLINGTONS
● Designed for Complementary Use with
TIP125, TIP126 and TIP127
● 65 W at 25°C Case Temperature
● 5 A Continuous Collector Current
● Minimum hFE of 1000 at 3 V, 3 A
This series is obsolete and
not recommended for new designs.
Pin 2 is in electrical contact with the mounting base.
absolute maximum ratings at 25°C case temperature (unless otherwise noted)
Collector-base voltage (IE = 0)
Collector-emitter voltage (IB = 0)
Continuous collector current
EPeak collector current (see Note 1)
Continuous base current
LContinuous device dissipation at (or below) 25°C case temperature (see Note 2)
OContinuous device dissipation at (or below) 25°C free air temperature (see Note 3)
Unclamped inductive load energy (see Note 4)
SOperating junction temperature range
Storage temperature range
OBLead temperature 3.2 mm from case for 10 seconds
NOTES: 1. This value applies for tp ≤ 0.3 ms, duty cycle ≤ 10%.
2. Derate linearly to 150°C case temperature at the rate of 0.52 W/°C.
-65 to +150
-65 to +150
3. Derate linearly to 150°C free air temperature at the rate of 16 mW/°C.
4. This rating is based on the capability of the transistor to operate safely in a circuit of: L = 20 mH, IB(on) = 5 mA, RBE = 100 Ω,
VBE(off) = 0, RS = 0.1 Ω, VCC = 20 V.
DECEMBER 1971 - REVISED SEPTEMBER 2002
Specifications are subject to change without notice.