4 Channel EMI Filter Array with ESD Protection
• Four channels of EMI filtering with ESD protection
• Greater than 30dB of attenuation from 800MHz to
• ±15kV ESD protection (IEC 61000-4-2, contact
• ±30kV ESD protection (HBM)
• 8-lead TDFN package (2mm x 2mm), 0.5mm pitch
• Lead-free version available
• I/O port protection for mobile handsets, notebook
computers, PDAs etc.
• EMI filtering for data ports in cell phones, PDAs or
• EMI filtering for LCD and chip-to-chip data lines
California Micro Devices's CM1406 is an EMI filter
array with ESD protection, which integrates 4 pi filters
(C-R-C). The CM1406 has component values of 15pF-
200Ω-15pF. The parts include ESD protection diodes
on every pin, which provide a very high level of protec-
tion for sensitive electronic components that may be
subjected to electrostatic discharge (ESD). The ESD
diodes connected to the filter ports are designed and
characterized to safely dissipate ESD strikes of ±15kV
contact discharge, twice the specification requirement
of the IEC 61000-4-2, Level 4 international standard.
Using the MIL-STD-883 (Method 3015) specification
for Human Body Model (HBM) ESD, the pins are pro-
tected for contact discharges at greater than ±30kV.
This device is particularly well suited for portable elec-
tronics (e.g. mobile handsets, PDAs, notebook comput-
ers) because of its small package format and easy-to-
use pin assignments. In particular, the CM1406 is
ideal for EMI filtering and protecting data lines from
ESD in wireless handsets.
The CM1406 is available in a space-saving, low-profile,
8-lead, 2mm x 2mm TDFN package. It is fabricated
with California Micro Devices' Centurion™ process and
available with optional lead-free finishing.
1 of 4 EMI Filtering + ESD Channels
* See Package/Pinout Diagram for expanded pin information.
© 2004 California Micro Devices Corp. All rights reserved.
08/16/04 430 N. McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035-5112 ● Tel: 408.263.3214 ● Fax: 408.263.7846 ● www.calmicro.com