4 and 8 Channel EMI Filter Arrays with ESD Protection
• Four, six and eight channels of EMI filtering with
• Greater than 30dB of attenuation from 800MHz to
• ±15kV ESD protection (IEC 61000-4-2, contact
• ±30kV ESD protection (HBM)
www.D•ataSFhaebert4icUa.cteodmwith Centurion™ advanced low
capacitance zener process technology
• Space saving, low-profile 8-, 12- and 16-lead
0.4mm pitch TDFN packages
• Lead-free version available
• I/O port protection for mobile handsets, notebook
computers, PDAs etc.
• EMI filtering for data ports in cell phones, PDAs or
• EMI filtering for LCD, camera and chip-to-chip data
California Micro Devices's CM1436 is an EMI filter
array with ESD protection, which integrates either four,
six or eight pi filters (C-R-C). Each CM1436 filter has
component values of 15pF-200Ω-15pF. These parts
include ESD protection diodes on every pin, providing
a very high level of protection for sensitive electronic
components that may be subjected to electrostatic dis-
charge (ESD). The ESD diodes connected to the filter
ports safely dissipate ESD strikes of ±15kV contact dis-
charge, twice the specification requirement of the IEC
61000-4-2, Level 4 international standard. Using the
MIL-STD-883 (Method 3015) specification for Human
Body Model (HBM) ESD, the pins are protected for
contact discharges at greater than ±30kV.
This device is particularly well-suited for portable elec-
tronics (e.g. mobile handsets, PDAs, notebook com-
puters) because of its small package and easy-to-use
pin assignments. In particular, the CM1436 is ideal for
EMI filtering and protecting data lines from ESD in
The CM1436 is available in space-saving, low-profile,
8-lead, 12-lead and 16-lead 0.4mm pitch TDFN pack-
ages. It is fabricated with California Micro Devices'
Centurion™ process and available with optional lead-
1 of 4/6/8 EMI Filtering + ESD Channels
* See Package/Pinout Diagram for expanded pin information.
© 2006 California Micro Devices Corp. All rights reserved.
490 N. McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035-5112 ● Tel: 408.263.3214 ● Fax: 408.263.7846 ● www.cmd.com