Advanced Product Specifications - October 2003
(2 of 2)
1. Dual bias is required
2. 0.1µF bypass capacitors are needed on PC board as close as possible to pins
1, 5, 6 and 10.
3. Positive (+) bias can be applied either at pin 1 or pin 6.
4. Negative (-) bias can be applied either at pin 5 or pin 6.
5. No DC block is required at RF IN/OUT.
6. Negative (-) bias must be applied before applying positive (+) bias.
1. Leads should be as short as possible.
2. Solder all leads on PC board. Solder area should be as small as possible.
Grounds should be provided for pins 2, 4, 7, and 9 on PC boards.
3. Flange should be screwed down on adequate heat sink. Do not over torque
screws in order to avoid breaks in ceramic and die (tightening torque: 6lbf-in).
4. Grounding shims should be placed between the flange and heat sink to ensure
optimal ground contact. Aluminum or Copper foil can be used.
5. 50Ω RF IN/OUT interface are required for optimal electrical performance.
6. Due to the high gain of this device it is highly recommended to maintain the
reverse isolation (S12) above 50 dB.
Ordering Information The CMM1331-KU is available in plastic trays.
Part Number for Ordering
Leaded flange package in plastic trays
Celeritek reserves the right to make changes without further notice to any products herein. Celeritek makes no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the
suitability of its products for any particular purpose, nor does Celeritek assume any liability arising out of the application or use of any product or circuit, and specifically
disclaims any and all liability, including without limitation consequential or incidental damages. “Typical” parameters can and do vary in different applications. All operating
parameters, including “Typicals” must be validated for each customer application by customer’s technical experts. Celeritek does not convey any license under its patent
rights nor the rights of others. Celeritek products are not designed, intended, or authorized for use as components in systems intended for surgical implant into the body,
or other applications intended to support or sustain life, or for any other application in which the failure of the Celeritek product could create a situation where personal
injury or death may occur. Should Buyer purchase or use Celeritek products for any such unintended or unauthorized application, Buyer shall indemnify and hold Celeritek
and its officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and distributors harmless against all claims, costs, damages, and expenses, and reasonable attorney fees arising out
of, directly or indirectly, any claim of personal injury or death associated with such unintended or unauthorized use, even if such claim alleges that Celeritek was negligent
regarding the design or manufacture of the part. Celeritek is a registered trademark of Celeritek, Inc. Celeritek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
3236 Scott Boulevard, Santa Clara, California 95054
Phone: (408) 986-5060
Fax: (408) 986-5095