385 East Alamo Drive
Chandler, AZ 85225
Phone: (480) 303-0822
Fax: (480) 303-0824
QUAD ARINC 429
• Converts ARINC 429 levels to TTL/CMOS digital data.
• Meets requirements of ARINC 429 digital information transfer system standards.
• Inputs internally protected to Lightning requirements of DO-160D level A3.
• Operates at data rates beyond ARINC 429 specifications to 5MHz.
• 5 Volt or 3.3 Volt operation.
• 20L 4.4mm TSSOP Package.
• One-half volt receiver hysteresis.
• Operates within ±5 volts common mode input voltage range.
• BiCMOS process
• DEI1044 has TTL/CMOS test inputs
The DEI1044 and DEI1045 are quad ARINC 429 Line Receiver ICs implemented in BICMOS technology. They contain four
differential line receivers. Each receiver channel translates incoming ARINC 429 data bus signals to a pair of TTL/CMOS outputs.
Each receiver operates independently, is lightning protected, and meets all requirements of the ARINC 429 Digital Information
The DEI1044 IC includes two TEST inputs for built in system test. They force the outputs of all receivers to the specified ZERO,
ONE or NULL state. The ARINC inputs are ignored when the device is in test mode. The DEI1045 does not have TEST inputs.
The DEI1044/1045 Quad Line Receiver can be used in conjunction with Device Engineering’s family of avionics products in
interfacing the ARINC 429 data bus.
1) One of four identical channels shown (N = 1 to 4)
2) * TEST inputs are No Connect on DEI1045
Figure 1: Function Diagram
Table 1 Function Table
HL X H L
Test Inputs are internally set to L on DEI1045
© 2010 Device Engineering Incorporated
Page 1 of 6
DS-MW-01044-02 Rev. F