SINGLE PHASE MOTOR DRIVER WITH
INTERNAL HALL EFFECT LATCH SENSOR
The AH5775 is a single-chip solution for driving single-coil brushless
direct current (BLDC) fans and motors. The integrated full-bridge
driver output stage uses soft switching to minimize audible switching
noise and electromagnetic interference (EMI) providing a low-noise
To simplify system circuit and minimize external components, the
device integrates a stable high-sensitivity Hall effect sensor, voltage
and temperature compensated internal references, amplifiers and the
output H-bridge power switches with low RDSON.
To help protect the motor coil, the AH5775 provides Rotor Lock
Protection which shuts down the output drive if rotor lock is detected.
The device automatically re-starts when the rotor lock is removed. In
case of overvoltage, the device shuts down the output drive and
enters standby mode to help prevent overvoltage stress on the coil.
Over-temperature shutdown provides thermal protection for the
The AH5775 is available in TO94 package.
• Supports single-phase full wave BLDC fan/motor drive
• Built-in Hall effect sensor and input amplifier
• Operating voltage: 2.5V to 18V
• Soft switching for low noise DC fan motor applications
• Rotor Lock Protection (Lock detection, output shutdown and
• Overvoltage shutdown
• Thermal protection
• No external timing capacitor - Reduces the numbers of external
• Industry Standard TO94 Package
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• 5V / 12V / 15V Min. BLDC Cooling Fans
• Netbook/ Notebook and Desktop BLDC fans
• Instruments Cooling Fans
• Medium Voltage/ Low Power BLDC Motors
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS38232 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 12
© Diodes Incorporated